~ Need tutorials for animè-sty... 18.09.2007, 02:17
 Moontoon ~ Need tutorials for animè-sty... 27.06.2010, 19:28
 jibundai ~ Need tutorials for animè-sty... 18.09.2007, 21:05
 Gabriel_deVue ~ Need tutorials for animè-sty... 19.09.2007, 02:31
 jibundai ~ Need tutorials for animè-sty... 19.09.2007, 02:45
Seite 1

Von:    Moontoon 17.09.2007 19:44
Betreff: ~ Need tutorials for animè-style landsca... [Antworten]

I've been looking for online tutorials for those who wants to learn how to draw nice animè-style landscapes. Can't find anything decent

So I was going to ask if someone knows were to find it or if there are any good books to buy.

Thanks in advance =)

Ps. Sorry bin zu Faul es im Deutsch zu schriben X_x
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, I'm only scared of myself...

Von:   abgemeldet 17.09.2007 20:19

Anime-style landscapes? o_O What exactly is that? ^^; Isn't anime usually a style for drawing people?

Anyways, there are tons of landscape tutorials out there, no matter what media you use (I suggest you look at http://wetcanvas.com/Community/Publisher/article_index.php ) to find some.
Or if certain landscapes interest you, why not picking out the pictures you like, and study them throughly? (I always do that with pictures I like)

Von:    jibundai 17.09.2007 20:34

I've got a book from the "How to draw Manga" series about Animation... there's also a bit about landscape drawing in there, I think. It's only available in English, though.

Hmm, but mainly I would say "anime-style" landscape are quite realistic. The ones I remember are mostly done using inks or water colours.

>>We see things not as they are, but as we are.<<

Von:    Moontoon 17.09.2007 21:17

Cool O,o Wich book is it? I only have one of those. Could you tell me the exact title of the book?

Von:    LintuSotaRauha 18.09.2007 06:18
Betreff: the secret about: tutorials for animè-st... [Antworten]

> I've got a book from the "How to draw Manga" series about Animation... there's also a bit about landscape drawing in there, I think. It's only available in English, though.
>
> Hmm, but mainly I would say "anime-style" landscape are quite realistic. The ones I remember are mostly done using inks or water colours.

Isn´t it from Animania presented? oO
--

So, if you looking for landscapes like a manga, i think it isn´t really dificult to your own style without any tutorial. Because many mangaka don´t search for a tutorial - they took their reallity picture and exercise with it. After that the landscape become their own style. This is the secret, you know?
Hehe. Take a little black and white and u will get your manga-landscape. XD
My name is BIRD and i haven´t gotta clue!
BIRDSKETCH

Von:    jibundai 18.09.2007 02:15

It's this one...
http://www.amazon.de/How-Draw-Manga-Making-Anime/dp/4766112393

I luckily bought it on Frankfurter Buchmesse last year for 10 EUR XD
There are only a few pages on backgrounds though... but's a very interesting and wide-ranged book nevertheless :)
Zuletzt geändert: 18.09.2007 02:16:03

Von:   abgemeldet 18.09.2007 02:17

> Ps. Sorry bin zu Faul es im Deutsch zu schriben X_x

Aha aber wir düürfen dann nicht zu faul sein Dir auf englsich zu antworten oder wie?

Vergess es. -.-

Jetzt durch Geschichten kommentieren und Geschichten posten Punkte sammeln für Sachpreise:
http://www.storysammlung.de

Die PRÄMIEN:
http://www.storysammlung.de/thread.php?threadid=1382&sid=

Von:    Moontoon 27.06.2010 19:28

answers in german would be perfectly fine =)

Von:    jibundai 18.09.2007 21:05

@Strogg: Anscheinend warst du selbst zu faul, um richtig deutsch zu schreiben >____>

@Lintu: I've read that, too. Actually in the latest interview with Maki Murakami she said that "Going to school" to learn how to draw Manga is kind of stupid, because you just learn one way of drawing. It's more important to learn on your own and BE ABLE to learn something on your own.

Nevertheless there are certain technical limitations. I'm not sure about it, but I think there are certain techniques in the animation industry for example, which are preferred and which you should learn to handle. Although manga allows a wide variety of styles, I don't think it would be possible to draw a manga with pastels, for example. So that's a technical limitation.

Zuletzt geändert: 18.09.2007 21:05:55

Von:    Gabriel_deVue 19.09.2007 02:31

> Nevertheless there are certain technical limitations. I'm not sure about it, but I think there are certain techniques in the animation industry for example, which are preferred and which you should learn to handle. Although manga allows a wide variety of styles, I don't think it would be possible to draw a manga with pastels, for example. So that's a technical limitation.

I almost agree. I just did a paper on Howl's Moving Castle and had to study the backgrounds and the link between those very realistic, textured, painted backgrounds (close to oils) and the flat foreground animation... nowhere in the whole movie were any simple or flat backgrounds whereas most moving parts like flags and flowers had an eerily flat feeling to them. Additionally there were moving background elements like the castle itsself or far-away airships that were done digitally (rendered to look handdrawn, which - ironically - means a lot of digital interference ;) )... so, I basically came to the conclusion that at least for Howl's moving castle the backgrounds are what you could call "cartoon naturalism".
This is a big issue in comics and animation as well - cartoon artists usually just develop a strong style concerning characters or the most average items (chairs, vehicles etc.) but everything else (streets, carpets, a room per se, heck! a school) will look quite as we know it. Maybe floating, maybe supported by robots whatever... depending on the depth you are allowed in your story you can go further with the abstraction. But if it's a really short story or "just" one picture whithout further introduction to the world, it's quite hard to abstract in a way that everybody can understand your backgrounds. If Burton wasn't so popular, everybody would point out the wrong perspectives :D

I just have the same advice here, kleinnagini gave beforehand - whatever you deem the right style of background - study it closely and try to apply it to the things you'd like to see awry from their ordinary (but not always boring) shape ;)

just compare howl's moving castle and Sailor Moon - the differences are (probably due to schedules and money) vast.

(ps - sorry about my spelling. I'm not that used to write English)
---------------------
Wer nach Aufgaben auf Mexx sucht, wird hier fündig.
---------------------
Avatar by Ruloc. Yay! Showing The Eleventh And Only
Zuletzt geändert: 19.09.2007 02:47:51

Von:    jibundai 19.09.2007 02:45

That's the additional limitation when working professionally - money budget. Less work = less time = cheaper.

I think gab's example of Howl's Moving Castle is great!
We also tend to forget that the so called "manga style" is derived from existing japanese faces. It's not so much about "change", it's more about the degree of simplification.
Even with a few strokes you can draw "realistic".
Also even with a realistic style you can have a distinctive style of drawing lines for example... a character that shows in strokes or colour schemes. Style is not only about how you draw a face.
Even if there are differences in the degree of simplification, other things like the "airiness" of the lines or the degree of color saturation, will keep it together as a whole.
So there are a lot of different ways to adjust background and figure drawing.

Zuletzt geändert: 19.09.2007 02:48:02

Zurück